Singular Stitches: A Smidgeon of Wigeon

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Smidgeon of Wigeon

Sorry, but there's really no end to the cheesy blog titles I can come up with.


Debbie left a comment about yesterday's post:
Great furniture, and what a great dad! For the wallpaper, I highly recommend renting a steamer (cheap!) from Home Depot (or whatever). It will cut the job down to 1/4 of the time and you'll save the walls behind.

Well, Debbie, we have an easier solution. If you notice in the picture of DH's dresser, to the right of the dresser, part of the wallpaper has been removed. When MIL comes out to visit, we just lock her in the bedroom while we're at work and tell her if she wants dinner, she has to remove the wallpaper. ;o)

Heh, heh. Actually, she was a sweetie and removed a bunch as a nice surprise for us while we were at work. She also did a part of the wallpaper in the master bath, which is just about as hideous as the bedroom paper. But the steamer is a great idea, and we might just rent one next time she comes out to stay with us...


I did promise you all an update picture of Anne's RR. I had hoped to get a little more done than I did, but there's quite a bit of color change to this design. I primarily worked on the ground and the second little duck (which are a bunch of half stitches).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Counted cross is so fun. I enjoy watching the picture ever so slowly come to life.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Well, Debbie, we have an easier solution.

ROFLOL! You had me going ...

Lovely cross stitching. You (and your MIL) have much more patience than I do.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that duck! Great progress.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I see your ugly wallpaper and raise you pastel pink/blue satin....our bedroom has paper ABOVE the chairrail that has these ugly embossed rose cameo designs. And it is the vintage 1980's shiny satin-textured paper. Ack!! We actually tried to strip one wall, and made such a mess that we just quit....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I have some wallpaper I've started to strip; maybe your MIL could come stay with me for a few days! :D

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

My duckies are looking beautiful! I have a funny feeling I'm going to burst into tears when they come home again ... they're looking wonderful! :D

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sari (saristitching) said...

The duck is coming nicely!

Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home