Singular Stitches: Shhh! Flora is napping.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shhh! Flora is napping.

As I've posted before, I haven't been cross stitching all that much. I think my run with Flora has slowed to a trickle. It's been fun, but we were starting to feel like we were joined at the hip, and we both need a break. So, she's going into the basket for a little nap. I'll get back to her maybe a little later this summer.

Here she is so far:



And a closeup of the bottom right corner where I've been stitching:




I've started Home is Where the Cat Is by Margaret Sherry. (From Jenna's site!) Right now, it's just a blob of about 10 dark grey stitches. I plan to work on it during lunch today, so maybe I can sneak in a better starting picture later today. And just in time for Stitch-A-Thon Weekend at the Robin's Nest!


And on a healthy note, I'm almost back to the 20 pounds I lost last fall!! (Just three pounds away!) I've been back to eating healthy (mostly!) and have been on my elliptical 20 minutes, every other day. Getting started with an exercise routine is so hard for me (like trying to budge a boulder), but once I get started, it gets easier, and if I'm totally honest, it's fun, too. (But don't tell anyone I ever said/typed that! :o)



And a happy, happy birthday, to my Dad! 73 years young today!



This was from my Mum's Birthday party last year at our house. (Mum is totally overwhelmed by the calm and reserved demeanor of my Dad (on the left) and DH (on the right)...

6 Comments:

Blogger prajantr said...

Your progress on Flora is lovely - I agree too that sometimes you just have to step away from the project for a bit so that you can come back and still enjoy working on it.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I think that you've done well on Flora and she can now take a well-deserved nap. :) I can't wait to see your Margaret Sherry piece! Oh, and major congrats on your weight loss and exercise. I cannot manage to find exercise that I enjoy. If I could, I might feel better. LOL.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Please pass along my wishes to your Dad for a very Happy Birthday!

Flora looks stunning, and I think you both deserve break.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats on your weight loss and exercise. I'm with you, once I get to going I feel great and enjoy it - but the starting is terrible. Flora is looking lovely.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hey there GF!

Well done on getting your weight loss mojo back. I'm going to have to up the ante on my weight loss campaign as well, but great job on getting to where you were = great job!

I put 'Phoenix' away a couple of weeks ago. Like Stitcherw said to me, if you lose the enjoyment it's time to take a break. I looove Margaret Sherry stuff so I'm looking forward to seeing progress! Hope the furbabies are ok - and a Hearty Happy Birthday to your Dad! xx

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Flora is beautiful! But I know how big projects can get old after awhile. I agree, she needs her rest.

I LOVE Margaret Sherry's stuff!!! Home is Where the Cat Is is one of my favorites by her.

And congrats on getting back down again! Since I've been home I've put abt 5lbs back on....so I know the struggle....

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home