Singular Stitches: A stitch here and a stitch there...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A stitch here and a stitch there...

Not much cross stitch. I really like the 'Home is Where the Cat is' (Margaret Sherry), but it's really attention intensive. I'm still getting the hang of those 1/2 stitches (I've never used those in any previous pieces I've stitched). I'm not used to how she marks them on her charts, and I'm always missing one or more here or there, so I really have to make an effort to look over the chart a couple times to make absolutely sure that I've got them all.


I have been doing mindless knitting, which are projects that have parts that you can just go with.



I finished knitting the second multi-color anklet over Memorial Day holiday (the very end of May for my non-US readers), but just finished up the toe part this morning, so they're a complete set.

The pink anklet was also completed this morning, and I'll be casting on it's partner later today. I call these the Silly String socks, because the yarn looks exactly like Silly String.

The top sock (the purple-y one with the needles still attached) is the one I mucked up a while back. I still haven't gotten up the courage to tackle it yet, but I'll be working towards that one soon.

Abner helped.




I started up my Mum's birthday present earlier this week (her birthday is mid-August). It's a round neck, long sleeved, raglan cardigan in a wonderful Autumny-brown. I'm using a slightly smaller needle size than what's called for because I want it to be a warmer, jacket sweater.

What you're looking at in the above picture is the round neckline and shoulders I've completed so far. (It looks bunchy because I'm not using a long circular needle)

Here's the pattern I'm using:



What's really cool about Knitting Pure and Simple patterns is that you make the garmet in one piece, and don't have to piece together different parts at the end. This makes it a pretty quick knit. Once the body is complete, then I'll knit on the neck band and front ribbing and then sew on buttons.


Before you think I'm all sweet and a totally wonderful daughter (I am, but in this case, there's a little caveat :o), I started a sweater for her maybe three years ago, and it was meant to be a birthday gift for her in 2004, but it gave me such fits (the diagonally knitted pieces) that she never got the sweater, so I've decided to just forget that one for now and actually make her one she might actually get to wear in her life time. :o)


I'll finish off with a kitty pic from earlier this morning. Cats always know where to get the sun.:

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Great knitting! I love the silly string sock!!! You'll get the hang of the half stitches in no time, can't wait to see your progress.

Monday, June 25, 2007 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Wow, great work on everything, Lynn! The cardigan is going to be beautiful. The shaping is already coming out quite nicely. And I love the socks. :)

Monday, June 25, 2007 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Love your funky socks! I'm going to be knitting some baby garments soon although I'm not great at knitting. xx

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I like those socks you've gotten done! And I like the sweater for your mom. It's your basic everyday sweater that will be worn and loved. Now the bigger question is will you get it done in time?????

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow your a fast knitter. My mom knits and she takes so long. I just thought knitting was a slow thing. You've done a great job! Cute kitties too! :)

Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:04:00 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Hi Lynn, I have just read through your blog and I enjoyed it very much. Love what you are working at the moment, and you pictures of your furbabies.

Joanne

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home