Singular Stitches: Worth a vacation day...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Worth a vacation day...




Some thoughts (don't worry, no spoilers):

- The girl cast as Luna Lovegood, IMHO, really captured the character well (she also reminded me of Jan from the Brady Bunch movies).

- Kate Winslet would have made an excellent Tonks (though the part in the movie was so much smaller than in the book). And if Kate was in there, they'd just about have almost the entire cast of Sense and Sensibility in Harry Potter.

- What were the costume people smoking when they came up with the dress they put on Aunt Petunia???

- Thank goodness they took scissors to Harry, Ron, Fred and George's hair.

- Fred and George didn't speak all of their lines in unison! Yay!

- We didn't get to hear 'Weasley is our king'.

- The mayhem that Fred and George let loose is very cool, but we didn't get to see 'poo' (my favorite part of book 5).

Overall, I liked the movie, but I can't understand, that with as long as the book was, they couldn't have made the movie longer, especially since it's the shortest movie to date.

And the last part of the movie, when they go to the Ministry, is 3D (at least in the IMAX), so you get to wear ever so fashionable eyewear. Here's MIL jauntily sporting a pair:




In the wee hours of next Saturday morning, we'll be listening to Jim Dale reading Deathly Hallows...

7 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

We're going tonight and I can't wait! I doubt we'll be getting 3D specs though...

Thanks for writing your views without spoiling it! No I simply can't wait :)

Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:53:00 AM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Glad that you had a good time-not sure when I'll be checking it out.
-Jen

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

We took a vacation day for Goblet of Fire, too. (And we'll be doing the same for the last two movies)

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait to see it. I can't believe it's shorter than the others though - that's crazy!! I'm so ready for the book!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

What a fun way to spend a vacation day! :)

Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:35:00 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Your Mums cardigan is coming along nicely, your fish tacos look very yummy.

Joanne

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the film should have been longer too - they left too much out! I agree with all your thoughts on it - wasn't Petunia's dress hysterical? I though Umbridge was played pefectly, though she wasn't as ugly as in the book. Roll on next Saturday!

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home