Singular Stitches: A bit of progress...

Friday, July 13, 2007

A bit of progress...

I picked up the DPNs for the Mum's Cardigan and got a sleeve started. I think I'll need a stretch of unterrupted time to work on the button hole side of the right front band, so maybe Sunday afternoon. I've never done that before, and I'll need my full concentration (and a pot of coffee).




While commuting to and fro, I've been working on my Silly String socks (and listening to HP and the Half Blood Prince). I'm a couple inches from starting the toe decreases.




I'm at the point in both projects when I start thinking ahead to what I want to knit next. About this time last year, I was busily working on the Mum and Mom scarves, and then the Swallow Tail Shawl a little later.

You know when you're buying a car, suddenly you see the model you're thinking of buying everywhere, and wonder how the heck that happened? It's been like that with wanting to start a lace project. On almost every knitting blog I've recently visited, there you go - another lace project going on! It must be fate. I just must start a lace project. Now.

The project I have in mind is Wisp from the current issue of Knitty. I also think I'm going to make, as described in the instructions, the 'Super-Deluxe Version', and use Rowan Kidsilk Haze. This is a very versatile piece (it can be worn as a scarf with a coat or could be worn as a scarf with a sweater or top) so I'd like it in a color that will coordinate with almost everything. Drab, Majestic, and Elegance are my front runners. I think I'll be making a LYS pilgrimage tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Your projects are coming along beautifully. I love the color of the sweater. Wisp is gorgeous. I know what you mean, I just started knitting and now I'm dying to knit lace!

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home