Singular Stitches: That Girl

Thursday, August 30, 2007

That Girl

I want to thank you lovely ladies for the birthday wishes! It really made my day to read your sweet comments.


Remember Marlo Thomas' funky flip haircut in the 60's TV series, That Girl?



I loved her flip hairstyle, and I've been thinking about doing something different with my hair, so after getting about 9" cut off my hair (it feels fabulous!!), I now have my very own, updated for the new millenium, That Girl flip. (It had a little more flip before it was windblown on the ride home)




Of course, the new 'do is to divert your attention from the fact that I've done absolutely no cross stitch or knitting at all so far this week!


When I start a new xstitch project, I have this thing about starting from dead center (or as close as absolutely possible). I wanted to start Marriage of the Minds, but in the project package from Needlecraft Corner, the color I needed was missing. I emailed the proprietress, Drema, who replied with a profusely apologetic email and promptly popped it in the mail, which arrived today.

If you're looking for a great online xstitch store (it's in the US), Needlecraft Corner is fabulous! Very fast, courteous service. Drema is so nice to work with.

Now that I have Gloriana Silk #117 in my little hands, I might put some stitches in this evening...

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Cute new 'do! Can't wait to see your new start started.

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Great hairdo! xx

Friday, August 31, 2007 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I loved that show when I was a kid!

Your new cut looks terrific! :D

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Very nice hair cut!!! And what I think is funny is how her flip was different toward the end of the series. And Donald got the long sideburns as the series got closer to the 70s! LOL
But we always remember her for her flip!!

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Cute haircut, it looks great.
Sue

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

A very very belated comment to say how much I like your new haircut :D

Friday, September 28, 2007 3:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home