Singular Stitches: All that glitters...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

All that glitters...

Last night was Teresa Wentzler SAL, and faced with the choice of the Harvest Sampler and Floral Bellpull, I chickened out and went with the sampler. I just couldn't face miles and miles of intricate backstitch. I should be a bit braver later in the week when my next TW Rotation Day comes up.

I finished the alphabet, and so I could complete the specialty row just above it (I needed the 'O' to know when to stop). I decided to branch out and start some of the left side border lattice. The pattern called for gold rayon floss, but I substituted fine gold braid (DMC 5202?) To get the stitches to line up properly, I had to use the 'stab' method (taking the needle above and below the fabric, rather than just working on top). It slowed me down, but the results were worth it, and once I got into a rythm, it went well.

PICT0034

Saturday was an 'All Creatures Great and Small' Marathon on our DVD player, and so, I spent some quality time with Santa of the Forest. I really want to get that bear done! He's cute and all, but there's an awful lot of BROWN. I couldn't take it any more and started one of Santa's mittens (the little purple rectangle at the bottom). One does need a hint of color...

PICT0028

A Shepherd's Bush SAL is just starting up on Friends Gather BB, so I dusted off the Wool Gatherer on Sunday. I think I started him in the mid-90's, so most of his body, his staff, and the sheep to his right were already in progress. This was a diversionary tactic so that I wouldn't watch the Superbowl. (Bad things happen for the Steelers when I watch their games, so I didn't. They won, didn't they???) I completed the squares on the back of his cloak and started the sheep to the left.

PICT0033

5 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Wow! Excellent progress on each one! :))

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did that Gatherer and the Herb one, too. They are so pretty finished. Wonder if I'll ever pick up the Toy Gatherer again!!
I guess you see, I figured this out...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Vik - it was because of your finished pieces that I wanted to do "The Gatherers"!!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Wow lots of progress I love the alphabet on the TW sampler I'm sure the whole sampler will be stunning when finished. Happy Stitching, CJ

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Looking good Lynn :)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home