Singular Stitches: Eye-Pod

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Eye-Pod

In an earlier post, I referred to my eye-pod. No, not an iPod. (iPods are really cool, and I've thought hard trying to come up with a good reason why I should have one, but cannot. 'Really Cool' just doesn't cut it.) And, besides, an iPod won't help with knitting when there is no light. Like this morning, on the ride into work.

PICT0009

Actually, my eye-pod is a book light I bought at Costco some time around the holidays. It's a clip with a sphere shaped light (which looks like an eyeball) that rotates around at any angle. I clip it to the seat belt and aim the beam on my knitting, and so I can knit in the dark. DH came up with the term eye-pod.

Let there be light!



Have a lovely Valentine's Day, whatever your plans may be.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great gadget! And Happy Valentines to you too :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

You are sooo clever!! Happy V-Day!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love that hubby of yours!!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Vik

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bastet said...

That's a wonderful idea! I can't x-stitch in the car, but I sometimes work on handstitched quilt squares or read while on long car trips. When it's dark all i can do is sleep or do a very poor imatation of being alert and awake.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! That is too funny. Great idea to clip it on the seat belt!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Lynn Please email me when you can.
Thanks CJStitches from US Exchange

Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home