Singular Stitches: Sock it to me!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sock it to me!

I really do still knit. Really. I guess I've just been so excited with getting back into cross stitch that knitting has taken a bit of a back seat.

I don't think I've posted a picture of the socks I have started. (Since I haven't worked on them for a while, I guess I really can't say that I'm 'working on them'.)

These are just plain socks, and I'm using Lorna's Laces superwash wool in the Flame colorway. Normally, I get to do some knitting during the morning commute (DH drives), but I just haven't felt like it, and it's still too dark to knit without my 'eye-pod' (I'll explain that on another day), so not much knitting has been going on. I have just about .5" still to knit on the foot before I start the toe decreases. (The colorway is much brighter in real life (like flames, hence the name), not sure what my camera was thinking this morning)

Also, you may notice that the top part looks a little different than the foot. I have larger calves than feet, so to accomodate that, I use US#1 needles on the leg part and US#0 on the foot. It gives them a more snug fit on my feet.

PICT0003

We watched No Business Like Show Business with Ethel Merman, Marilyn Monroe and Donald O'Connor (he is so cool to watch dance...) while I worked on Spring Arches. I really hope to finish it this weekend. We've got a few All Creatures Great and Small DVDs coming from Netflix that should get here (just about to start season four) for the weekend, so I'll have some good motivation to stitch!

PICT0001

The Watermelon Arch (Summer Arches) also got a new top (I ripped and restitched), but that's not particularly picture-worthy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

I like your Arches, and the socks look great!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

The BC seasonal arches are classics - never go out of style, and I know they're several years old, but everytime I see them done, like yours, it makes me think I NEED them (yeah, whatever!) Also, I'm jealous of your socks! I took knitting lessons, but I flunked, LOL! No, really... I do crochet and other forms of needlework better... I think because I'm self-taught. Hands-on has always been easier for me than being told. Great stitching on both your knitting and cross stitch.

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Your arches are coming along nicely :) !!!

I would really hate to see a sock I knitted! I used to knit-but have not done so in probably 15 years....is it like riding a bicycle???

Have a great weekend!

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

The socks are wonderful! Since I started dyeing my own wool and yarn, I've been reading and researching till I'm blue in the face. During my research, I discovered that some people are addicted to knitting socks, lol. I ran across tons of blogs featuring "sockers" and knitters and wonderful hand dyed yarns. I have to save a craft or two for when I'm retired and think I might just getting a spinning wheel and get back into knitting.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 6:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home