Singular Stitches: Kitten Clutches, Cross Stitch Updates and a Happy Dance

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kitten Clutches, Cross Stitch Updates and a Happy Dance

The camera and my cross-stitch and other such things I cannot go through the day at work without just wouldn't fit in the kitten clutch, but you do get the promised cross stitch updates. (See, I think of you all over my own ease and comfort! :o)

Nevermind that DH is an absolute sweetheart and drops me off right at the entrance every monrning...and picks me up right at the door at the end of the day, too. Awwwwww! :o)


The first is my (oh, so close) Happy Dance. Like 'Hats off to Halloween' (oh, no, I'll be singing this all day now!), this falls into the "Something I Started And Almost Finished Ages Ago That I Just Found Again And Only Need To Do A Wee Bit Of Stitching To Complete" category.

PICT0364

I made the door hanger on the left for our guest bathroom just before we closed on our house in late June, 2000. (Cross-Eyed Cricket Bed & Bath I) It's basically for my MIL because when she comes to visit, the guest bathroom is all hers. It's perfect because she loves to read, and I also made the hair in her likeness.

There's a story here, too. She is blonde, but nowhere near the color I used on the pillow. However, there's a childhood joke between DH and his sister that right after she washes her hair, which is short, and towel dries it, the back resembles Woodstock - of Snoopy fame - which is why I used the bright yellow for the hair

That was such a fun design that I also picked up Bed & Bath II for our master bath. It's really cool because the checkered tub matches the tiles in the bathroom, which are mostly white tiles with a hunter green marbly tile thrown in here and there for good measure. I'm planning to paint the bathroom a soft moss green this summer and use purple as an accent color, so this will be perfect for above the tub. (unfortunately, I do not have a claw foot tub) I think I'll finish it like the oval framed model at the link, in a deep cherry frame to match the woodwork, but with no mat.

Note: Since taking the picture before leaving for work, I finished the rubber ducky's beak and the French knot for his eye, so, other than for my initials, I believe the piece is completed. Woo Hoo!


Next up is the progress on my RR. I just love those pumpkins. Autumn is my absolute favorite season.

PICT0367

And lastly, I've wanted to have some small pieces going, so I'm working on Lizzie Kate's Meow Blocks Flip-It. I'll probably finish this up into a little pillow with a ribbon hanger to hang it, though not sure if I'll hang it at home or work. Decisions, decisions. :o)

PICT0368

Of course, it's in Itchey's likeness. After I finish this one, I have an Abner-like project to start! :o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I just love your blog. I think I've been here before! I will definitely bookmark it. It's so easy to get overwhelmed and forget where I've been. lol

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Lisa, thank you! :o)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger katarinaw said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! You have very cute cats, too!

Very beautiful crafting!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work! You've been busy, I see. :)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I love the bathtub designs! I also have this one and you've inspired me to stitch it sometime. Nice to meet you through SBQ. Darn, I still can't bet my backs as nice as yours.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home