Singular Stitches: Modified Rotation

Friday, May 19, 2006

Modified Rotation

I've been thinking about my stitching rotation. I like the idea of following one because it keeps the interest high and I'm not working on dozens of different projects. The issue I'm running into is that since it's a daily rotation I'm (trying) to follow, I find that I'm into a project that I just want to continue working on it, and not move to another project. Also, the daily change makes switching to a more involved piece, like the Harvest Sampler, takes time to get back into it, and so I don't accomplish much in an evening. So, I think I'm going to expand my rotation time. I'll keep the rotation list, and continue to work on a piece until I feel like moving onto the next one on the list. We'll see how it goes.


We're currently into the BBC mini-series (something to stitch while watching!) Edward & Mrs. Simpson. It's about King Edward who abdicated his throne to marry a divorced American woman. Oh, how I love watching period series from the '20s-'40's. Everyone was always so dressed! Ladies' fashions back then just make me swoon!


I took the picture below this morning of the kitties curled up on the couch in the family room (I actually crocheted that afghan for DH a few years ago). Their hardest decision today will be which position to sleep! DH and I so want their jobs! Where do I send my resume??

PICT0350

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

Awww... the puddies are so cute!! Your orange one looks very much like mine. Of course, they always find the softest spot to sleep on.

I like your rotation idea, too. Switching projects every day is just too much sometimes.

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Thank you for stopping by and sending your good thoughts! Your kitties are too cute!!

Don't you just love the BBC? I love period shows - just watched Elizabeth on HBO!

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your modified rotation sounds like a good idea. I've never been able to actually work on a rotation schedule and maybe this is why?

Your kitties look like they're in heaven on that afghan. If you and your DH figure out where to send your resumes for that job, let me know because I want in, too! ;)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home