Singular Stitches: Moving in...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Moving in...

This is a non-stitching post, but one I must make.

Is it me, or do any of you, when you set off for work each day (particularly Mondays), not only feel, but look like you're moving into your cubicle at work? The picture below is what I carried to work this morning. I am so envious of those ladies who just zip off to work with one of those cute little kitten clutches, no tote bags, no grocery bags, nothing. I'm afraid to even wear high heeled shoes on these days, because I might tip over or get stuck when the heels sink from the extra weight.

I went to Costco and got one of those mammoth drums of Jif peanut butter (this is the communal vat, for our whole department to share), I have my breakfast (that I didn't have time to eat before leaving home, my lunch (must-go's) and snacks, a box of tea (I ran out at work), my stitching (and of course I forgot the project I worked on this weekend that I wanted to photograph for my blog today, a pair of socks in progress in case I wanted to knit on the ride into work (too tired after lugging all thing stuff to the truck), a book on CD I want to listen to while at work today (all 17 CDs), and all the cables/chargers for my various electronic devices (phone, camera, palm). And, my coupon organizer (because you never know when you're going to stop at the store on the way home) Is that it? It's a good thing I forgot to set the timer on the coffee pot, or I would have had my Starbuck's travel mug to carry too! :o)

No wonder I try to avoid any human contact on the way to my desk. I'm so totally out of breath after walking from my car and up the steps that I couldn't hold a conversation if I wanted to!

PICT0363

So, tomorrow, if I can fit my camera into my kitten clutch, I'll post a picture of some cross stitch! :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

It's so true! When I was working, I had a big bag I carried with me every day. I used to get teased a lot about it, but it was the only way I could manage to carry everything. I always brought a 1 liter bottle of water from home, my lunch, a book and threw my purse inside it too. In my other hand I always had my red thermal mug filled with tea. It looked like I was moving in!

I did notice that the people that just brought their little teeny tiny purse with them often ate out for lunch, but even so, I was often envious of them coming in with just their little purse.

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! :o)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are by far not the only one! Every day, I carry in at least my purse and my backpack, which contains my laptop, planner, files, mini disc player, mini disc organizer, batteries, notepad, pens, pencils, mouse, umbrellas (yes, I currently have two), checkbook and ... I think that might be it. Now, if I'm bringing some groceries in for lunches or snacks, watch out! ;)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

LOL~ that's quite a haul! Well at least you are getting in some great exercise carrying those bags in from the car. I'm lucky that I work from home, but people always wonder why I keep so many cross stitch charts/magazines/fibres/fabrics around my desk...its what keeps me entertained while I work.

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home