Singular Stitches: Friday Meanderings

Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Meanderings

Thanks for all the compliments on the scarves. I must tell you, the gray lace scarf for my Mum is (temporarily) no more. DH and I frogged it last night (Abner supervised), and re-cast on this morning.

I figured out what I did wrong!

There is a front and back to lace. Somehow, I knit the first 4 inches then accidentally switched which side was the right side and which was the back side. If you look at my picture, I do have a little turquoise stitch marker (in the bottom right) to denote which side is the right side. It's hanging happily smack-dab in the center of the part that's backwards. Live and learn! :o)


We got a call back from the repair shop. The damage isn't as bad as we thought. It's the main cooling fan motor (don't you know, my car has two fans). The service guy said that he had a really hard time locating one because the '95 SHO's are slightly different from other years, so it takes a uniquely sized motor to fit. He finally located one and it should come in next Tuesday. The entire repair should be less than $500, which is a repair worth doing. I won't be entirely happy until the new fan motor is in and the temperature is back where is should be.


Have a lovely weekend! This Sunday, DH and I are meeting my parents, DSister and her BF at a local restaurant to celebrate the August Birthday Babies. My Mum, Sister and I all share August birthdays (13th, 22nd, and 26th respectively), so we meet on one day each August to celebrate them. (Besides an August birthday, we're all Lefties and have Ann as our middle name)

5 Comments:

Blogger Meari said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy the day with your sister and mom. :)

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least you know what the lace problem was. That seems like it would be an easy mistake to make. I'm really glad that your car is going to be fixed so inexpensively. That's wonderful!

Have a great birthday tomorrow! And the rest of the weekend, as well. :)

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oooh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY then!! :o)

Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:23:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Happy Birthday to you. I do the same around here because we have 3-4 birthdays within two months of each other and getting every one together 4 times is hard but once is much better. Have a good one.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 5:43:00 AM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations :)

Monday, August 28, 2006 2:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home