Singular Stitches: A Fabric Question

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Fabric Question

Sue, over at Home Sweet Stitching, asked about the fabric I'm using for Fairy Flora.

I'm using 28ct. Barnwood Linen, which is a grayish color, like the color of weathered wood. In most of my pictures, it looks more like khaki. If I did it over, I would have selected 32ct. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but decided to do a bigger picture. The stitches seem too big.

I bought all the supplies for Flora at Needlecraft Corner. Their site is really cool, because for a number of patterns they carry, and almost all Mirabilia, they have supply lists. They try to match the fabric used on the model at the Mirabilia site.

The lady I spoke with at Needlecraft corner was very, very nice. They also have a birthday club where you get a discount on your purchase in your birthday month. I happened to mention that I was buying this as a birthday gift for myself from gifts I received and even though it was just past my birthday, she gave me the birthday discount anyway. How sweet!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably spoke with the owner, Drema. She gets 5 stars for service. :)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

Drema is a real sweetie.. love her to bits!

Friday, September 22, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Spending some lazy Saturday time catching up on some blog reading. :)
Love your knitting projcts. I can't decide which I like better. The scarf is so light and delicate, the socks my favorite shades of blue - nope can't choose. :D
I haven't ordered from Needlecraft Corner yet, but always hear great things about her. :)

Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I absolutely love Drema! She is so great to work with and I recommend Needlecraft Corner to everyone for their stash.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home