Singular Stitches: Has it been a month already?

Friday, September 15, 2006

Has it been a month already?

Thank you for the well wishes about my sinus headache! I am feeling much better. The cross-stitching blog community is so very nice!!

I've come to accept (but still don't like) how weather dependent my body is. I tried stitching a little before bed last night, and all the damp weather we've been having is also making me achey, particularly in my fingers, which makes cross-stitching uncomfortable.



It's time for the monthly Stitch-A-Thon over at the Robin's Nest! (C'mon, join us!!) I just can't believe that it's that time already!

I'd like to get a little more done on Fairy Flora, so she gets beyond the Start-up phase and becomes a true WIP. I also have to stop at JoAnn Fabrics on the way home and pick up a few skeins of floss for her that I don't have.

We're doing Costco pizza takeout tonight and have a Netflix movie to watch, so after dinner, I'll get some stitching done while we watch the movie (we have Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School, but we're hoping that the next installment of Dark Shadows arrives today).

Here's my before picture (the white splotchies on the left are actually reflections showing through the fabric from the plastic cover over my dining room tablecloth!):

PICT0650

I'm hoping to get the neckline completed, and get started on her arms.

My goals this time around are much less ambitious, because not only do I have to do some Statistics homework, DH and I have to attend an "Acceptable Classroom Behavior and Sexual Harassment Prevention" workshop at the University tomorrow afternoon (because we grad students may have forgotten how to act during class!).

DH is just about finished up with his Masters in Mechanical Engineering so he has to go, too. We are getting our Masters degrees at the same university, which also happens to be the school where we first met. Can it get any more cute than that? (Probably, but I won't subject my readers to any more)

He's also wondering if there's a conflict of interest if he attends this workshop with his wife... ;o)

Ooooh! Do you think I could get away with knitting during the workshop??

4 Comments:

Blogger Meari said...

LOL, I'm not sure if you'd get away with knitting at the workshop. ;) I took Stats a couple of semesters ago... Yuck!

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

LOL You always make me smile when i read your blog. Could very well be a conflict of interest there and I'm sure they'd never notice you quietly knitting away during the seminar *snicker snicker*.

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.. just what constitutes sexual harrassment between a husband and wife? I try to contain myself, but every once in a while I grab his butt at work. :O

Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel Leigh Smith said...

I know what you mean about weather affecting the body. I have fibromyalgia so I've gotten very good at reading the weather, lol.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 6:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home