Singular Stitches: A Major Award

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Major Award

I WON! I WON! I WON! A major prize, a major prize!

OK, so it's only a movie ticket, but I've been trying for probably the last year to win something on Blingo. I never win anything! Blingo is a search engine and they randomly choose winners. Woo hoo! Of course, I couldn't have won one of the iPOD Nanos or a $100 gift certificate, but, oh well, at least I won! :o)

If you're interested, click the blue Blingo box in my sidebar -->


All the hoopla over my major award in no way outshadows the very sweet Birthday RAK I received in my mailbox from Sue of Home Sweet Stitching

A big THANK YOU, Sue!! Your kindness really made my day!

PICT0633


Classes are going well. During our first class last week, I thought my Statistics professor looked so familiar. I couldn't place her until during class last night, I realized that, she reminded me of someone I had a class with when I was an undergrad. And, don't you know, we were in the same Computer Science class together back in 1990! What a small world! :o)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is TOO funny about your stats prof. But, how did she end up teaching a statistics class?

I had forgotten that you were going back to school (d'oh!), but congratulations on settling in already. :) You'll have to tell me (truthfully) how you're handling it once you've been through a semester. I'm curious to see how difficult, tiring, time-consuming, overwhelming it is or might be.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on your win! What a cute gift from Sue :-)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your win (I signed up and added a link to my page too!)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your tickets. I have to admit, though, that from your very excited announcement, I thought it would be a major prize from Italy, packed in a crate marked "fragile". (Cute to use that movie quote, BTW)!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Carto said...

Well done, well done, well done! Good for you - I couldn't win an argument, never mind something as brilliant as movie tickets. And the chart looks great - The Gentle Art threads are so pretty. They were the ones I used for my L*K piece :)) x

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:37:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Any kind of win is something to celebrate!! Congratulations! :D

Life is so funny sometimes when our lives intertwine with others at the most unexpected moments! Have a great school year!

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on your blingo win... plus lovely stash too! :)

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Congrats on your movie tickets win! Winning anything is so much fun. And how fantastic you are back in school - that is a huge change and good for you for taking the plunge.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home