Singular Stitches: Nerd Love

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nerd Love

It was mostly cloudy today, but I was able to eek out a little stitching on the back deck in the bit of afternoon sun that managed to peek through the clouds. Here's my weekend progress on Anne's RR:

PICT0643


Has your significant other ever done something, that, to everyone else on the planet, would seem very small and insignificant, but to you, it's just the greatest thing ever?

When in college, I had this C-Thru plastic gridded ruler with a protractor in the center. I loved this ruler, but after graduation, it probably got packed away with all my school papers.

I tried finding one when I was getting my MBA, but couldn't find one. I started my search again since starting classes, but still couldn't find one anywhere, in local art/drafting stores, the school's bookstore, or online (unless you bought a gross). I'm very picky (no, really! :o), and no other ruler will do.

DH searched onine and was able to buy one for me from Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. (How he ever found that, I'll never know!) This may not seem like a big thing, but to me, it's just the sweetest.

PICT0648

7 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Hurray for Hubby!! It's the little things that make a marriage - if he'll put that much effort into finding this for you, that's love. :D

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Von, I agree, it's the little things.

He read my post and said, 'Thank you for the kind words, but people are really going to think you're strange'. LOL! He thinks I'm strange, but still loves me. He's a keeper! :o)

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

Ahh. That's so sweet.

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Your DH sounds like a great guy. :)

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Give me a cool mechanical pencil, clicky eraser, some engineering paper, a Hewlet Packard calculator and my ruler, and I'm in geek heaven! :o)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

My ex did something that seems insignificant to most. I commented one time at Christmas that a cassette tape (Yes, I'm *that* old) sounded nice. It was one that was being advertised at a gas station. After I opened it, he told me that he went to MANY gas stations before he found one that had it. The cassette was like $3. LOL One of the few things he did that I thought was romantic...

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Just catching up on some blog reading ... and wanted to say how sweet DH is for tracking down one of those rulers for you - what a sweetheart! And the duckies are looking beautiful, thanks :D

Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home