Singular Stitches: Just Ducky

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Ducky

I got started on Anne's RR this past weekend. You can also see both Anne and Wendy's previous contributions, which are just gorgeous! The little Wigeon now has some tail feathers to shake...

PICT0624

This design is a Wigeon (chosen because the name reminds me of Pigwidgeon - Ron's gift from Sirius.)

Here's what the finished design will look like (Isn't he just a cutie?):

PICT0626


Here's another project that I made ages ago. It's a drawstring bag that I use to put very small cross stitch projects in (little traveling projects). I first got the idea from an old issue of For the Love of Cross Stitch, back in the late '80s, I think. I can't remember where the sewing designs came from, but I stitched them on white 14ct aida and made the bag around them. The finished bag is 9" high and 6" wide.

PICT0627

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Everyone has done an amazing job on Sue's RR. I can't wait to see more of yours:)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

What a beautiful RR! Your stitching bag looks like a great way to cart around your small projects.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Very cute bag and so appropriate to carry your small travel projects!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

The afghan is going to be beautiful when finished!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

what a lovely piece of RR!

Friday, September 01, 2006 4:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home