Singular Stitches: The Mighty Duck

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Mighty Duck

Sorry, I couldn't resist one more duck-themed title. ;o)

DH and I spent a lovely holiday weekend at MIL's house. She's moose dog sitting for DH's sister's gigantuan Golden Retriever (while their new home is being built), so she couldn't go far from home. We decided to go to her and spent a couple days being spoiled (even though I was in charge of grilling). We pretty much spent the weekend being slugs and eating way too much.


We took our Netflix movies and I got some stitching done on Anne's RR while watching Dark Shadows and Ultraviolet (cool, but similar to Aeon Flux) It did have very cool music.

PICT0631


It's interesting how, as cat parents, and very similar to those with children, one can spend lots of money on fancy toys and accessories, but the kids end up playing with the box. In our case, the kids decided they liked the crumpled filler paper that came in a box of something we ordered online. You can't see it in the picture, but there are about ten thousand little fang marks. They're cats.

PICT0630


And speaking of Cats, I've also been working on my Crazy Cat Lady Exchange at the Robin's Nest, but I can't show that until my mystery recipient receives it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Great work on your Ducky - its starting to look more like one now!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:27:00 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

I know what you mean about cats. I have toys and one o fmy cats will still chew up any cardboard box laying around and loves to sleep in them.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home