Singular Stitches: Rip it. Rip it good.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rip it. Rip it good.

Crack that whip
Give the past the slip
Step on a crack
Break your momma's back



I'm not musically inclined in any way, but I love listening to music, almost any kind of music. I've got a bunch of CDs I've wanted to get onto my computer, so I gathered up some of them and have been camped out on the guest room bed this evening, working on Anne's RR and ripping them onto my laptop.

RipIt

Why? Because I finally broke down and bought a new toy!

PICT0640

I typically listen to streaming audio via computer (Yahoo Launch), but I've been looking for something more portable. DH wonders how long it will take me to lose it. (He knows me too well ;o)

And the kitties supervised...

PICT0641

PICT0642


Fairy Flora arrived safely on my doorstep Thursday! Yay!! After I got home from class Thursday evening, I finished the edges of the fabric and gathered the floss. (I decided to use 28ct fabric. Wow, she's going to be huge! The fabric could double as a comforter!)

PICT0635

Friday evening, I worked on her while we watched MirrorMask (which was really cool). I watched the movie a little more than my stitching, because I also had to rip a few misplaced stitches.


Earlier today, I also worked on some running pants for my Dad. He found the fabric, cut them out and gave them to me to make way back at the August Birthday Lunch. He wants some large patch pockets on the outer thighs, so I have to construct them a little different and design the pockets. I think they'll be quite cool (and quite appropriate, he has a 2nd degree black belt in Isshinryu Karate)

PICT0636

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Thank goodness you're talking about ripping music!! I was afraid you'd made a terrible mistake in stitching, lol!!

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Von! I'm glad that it was a positive ripping and not a terrible visit from the frogs. And thanks for getting that song in my head now... :P No, wait, I just replaced it with Safety Dance. Hahaha!

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home