Singular Stitches: Happy Birthday To Me!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Saturday was my birthday. With 'Green Gifties' from my parents and MIL, I ordered my birthday gift, Fairy Flora, from Mirabilia:

Fairy Flora

I've been looking at this design for a while now, and decided that it would be perfect in the master bedroom with our 'new' furniture (from DH's sister) that my dad is currently refinishing for us.

I ordered it online from Needlecraft Corner in Maryland (near Baltimore, I believe). They were very nice! Flora (and materials) will be making her way to my mail box soon-ly.


We met my parents, sister and her BF for our August birthday lunch. It was so fun! I always love getting together with them because we usually spend a good part of the time (when we're not eating) laughing and joking around. And, even though I had my camera in my purse, I totally forgot to take any pictures, and both my sister and her BF have camera phones!

We also got to see my sister's new present to herself. Around the time we were having car issues, so was she, and her new baby is a black Jeep Liberty.

Since my car is older, I've had little things not work, but nothing big enough to pay to fix (unlike the fan motor). One is my keyless remote. My car has a combination keypad on the door that I use to unlock the driver's door, so when it stopped working, it was no big deal. Since I'm starting class and will be parking in a parking garage (and we're keeping the car longer), DH wanted to try to get it to work. For a couple hours on Saturday, we tried different things (including me crawling into the trunk to get to the keypad module receiver) but didn't get anywhere. DH did some online investigating and stumbled upon a BB where someone else had this same issue. In about five minutes, he had it working. (Isn't the internet amazing??)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that your DH was able to fix your keyless entry system. Woohoo!

I'm glad that you had a good birthday, as well. Keep celebrating all week! :D

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

How nice that you had a great birthday! Happy Birthday, belatedly!

It's great that you were able to fix the keyless entry. I would be lost without mine on my keychain! I usually have my hands full of 'stuff'!

Monday, August 28, 2006 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

A knitter AND a stitcher AND a cat lover!!! What's not to like abt this blog!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated Happy birthday!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you picked a great design to celebrate. :)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Glad you had a nice visit with family and I LOVE the project you've ordered for yourself.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Sorry to be late, but Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great one. :D

How clever of your dh to find the fix to your keyless remote!! The internet is truly a remarkable improvement to our quality of life, lol!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Fairy Flora is a beautiful projects. Nice choice!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home