Singular Stitches: A foot

Friday, November 09, 2007

A foot

Last night during Grey's Anatomy, I finally finished the first of Mum's Christmas socks. I was starting to get nervous, because I came very, very close to the end of the skein, but finished it up without incident.



Here's a closeup of the pattern. It's a 4X2 rib for about 7 rows and then it shifts for about 9 rows and then another (offset) 4X2 rib. Rinse and repeat.




My dad's sock is on US#0 DPNs which, for me, are very slow to knit with. (Kind of like stitching on 25 ct evenweave over one) You stitch and stitch and stitch and even after a few hours, it still looks like you didn't do anything. So, as we're getting awfully close to rug cutting time, I'm switching tactics.



I've heard good things about knitting socks using two circular needles, that it's very fast. I've also heard of Magic Loop (and I even bought the book to check it out), but that just doesn't appeal to me. On my doorstep yesterday, my two US#0 24" Addi Turbo circs arrived from elann.com. I had the Cat Bordi book from a number of years ago, so today at lunch, I'm going to see if my 'Socks Soar' too. :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazel said...

They are extremely funky socks!! xx

Monday, November 12, 2007 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

I love your mum's sock. I'm sure she'll love them.!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

How do you knit during Grey's?? I never can, only thru the commercials and I usually DVR it so I fast forward thru those!

Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home