Singular Stitches: A little visitor...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A little visitor...

...for the kitties. :o)




I've been a little travelling lass these past two weeks. I was in Austin last week and St. Louis the week before. Of course, going from 62F in Austin, catching two connecting flights, and coming back to 20F has thrown my sinuses into utter chaos, but otherwise, they were great trips. Unfortunately, I had little time to sightsee, but it was nice to have a change of scenery.

Would you believe that when I went through security at Pittsburgh International, they didn't question my two sets of circular needles, my extra emboirdery needles, or even my Gingher scissors (which could easily amputate a finger), but the way my car keys were lying in my bag looked funny and they had to pull them out and examine them. Go figure.


The flights were long enough to get some knitting and cross stitch done.

I was able to finish one of my 'colored popcorn' socks, and start the second....



Here's a closeup of the colors:




And I finished in a little more of the bottom left side of Fairy Flora...




I'm so happy to be home with DH and the kitties...

4 Comments:

Blogger Laci said...

The socks looks fantastic, and you got lots done on Flora! She is turning out beautifully!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your knitting and stitching look fantastic! Love the variegated colour in your socks - yummy looking!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome home! Your WIPs are both looking lovely - glad you were able to make some progress on both while you were gone.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Tonje said...

Yeah... can you believe airport security...?? I once had to open my bag because of a jar of baby food... go figure...

Your socks and stitching looks fab!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home