Singular Stitches: On the Christmas Home Stretch

Monday, December 03, 2007

On the Christmas Home Stretch

I've been madly knitting away on Christmas gifties. That constant ticking of the clock counting down is all I can hear... (at least it's better than the voices! ;o)

Mum's socks are very close. Since taking the picture below, I'm almost at the toe decrease.



I finally finished the first of my Dad's socks. The circular needles really made the sock go fast. I just love the coloring of hand dyed yarns. You have a general idea of what it kind of maybe will look like, but it's always a surprise in the end.



While DH was outside raking yet MORE leaves in the yard yesterday afternoon, I decided to start DSis's finger less mitts.



These were stunningly fast to knit, and by today during lunch, I completely finished the first mitt.



And, to get everyone in the holiday mood, here's some snowy pictures out my front door this evening. It's our first real snow where even the roads are covered:



2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

We had a nice snowfall, but after two days of 65^F, it's long gone! Lol! I'm sure Jack Frost will be making a return real soon. :D

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both pairs of socks are coming along nicely. I love the fingerless mitts. They look so soft, fuzzy and warm!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home