Singular Stitches: Happy Holidays!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

We celebrated Chirstmas Day at my parent's home with my parents, DSis and her boyfriend, me and DH. It's always so fun to gather with them!

As for the knitting, I didn't get either my Dad's 2nd sock or my sister's second mitt completed, so I wrapped up the completed one and told them the second one was coming shortly. I would have finished the mitts, but I ran out of yarn with the second skein. Luckily, the store I bought the second skein from, Bonnie Knits, had more of the same dye lot, so on the 26th, I called in an order for a 2nd skein. I've been working on Dad's sock (I just knew I wouldn't be able to reknit a sock before Christmas). Both were happy, though, and are excited about getting them soon.

Here's the remake of Dad's sock (sometimes the remake is better than the original!):




My cross stitch is quivering a bit, because not only did I walk past my stitching basket (it's been in the far corner of the bedroom for quite some time now), but I picked it up and put in some actual stitches. (we're all recovering from the shock! :o):



I know it doens't look a whole lot different from the last picture I've posted of this (and that was a long, long time ago!), but I worked on the roof parts of the two side sections and started the roof on the main part of the house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

LOL! I SO know the feeling about stitching. Your LHN is looking lovely. As long as you're enjoying the process, and you enjoy the other things you do apart from stitching, there's nothing wrong with your stitching taking a back seat, is there?
You're brave with that sock. The second take is always quicker, isn't it? :)

Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by to wish you all the best for the remainder of the festive season - and hope that 2008 is a wondrous year filled with peace, love and happiness ... as well as lots of stitchy goodness.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home