Singular Stitches: So very, very close...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

So very, very close...

I almost had Dad's second sock completed. I was about mid-way through the last pattern repetition (I was at the 15th row of a 32 row repeat) and just about ready to start the toe decreases (the home-stretch) when realization hit:



The 2nd sock has 6 fewer stitches than the first one. Yup. I cast on only 72 stitches instead of 76. You can kind of see that the width of the sock on the right is smaller than the one on the left. I just didn't notice until this morning.

Sooooooooo....after the 'deer in the headlights' look wears off of my face, I'll frog it and start again. I doubt that I'll get it done before Christmas, so I'll wrap up the first sock so Dad can at least see what he might have received. *sigh*

Well, it takes some of the stress out of these final days before Christmas. :o)


Abner is very sorry about Mummy's knitting, but wants to know if he can still chew on the needles... (Mummy, can I?)




Itchey doesn't even want to look at the offending 2nd sock...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Ick! That socks. Sorry, that sucks. OK, bad pun.
Seriously, this is not fun! Thank goodness you have kitties to help you cope. :)

Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Oh no!! I think I would sit in a corner and cry!

I wouldn't want to, but I'd probably frog and re-do it, too. Being off by just a smidge would bug me for the rest of my life.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

What a bummer :( Love the kitty photos :)

Sunday, December 23, 2007 3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitties are adorable.
Merry Christmas!

Monday, December 24, 2007 4:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home