Singular Stitches: They lied!!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

They lied!!!

OK, I'm not a happy Chirstmas knitter.

I've been knitting away and Dad's 2nd sock is almost complete. (I love the 2 circ method!) I don't have it with me today, so I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. (2 posts in a row???? Scary.) Mum's socks are complete, but I wrapped them before getting a picture.

In between that, I've also started DSis's mitts. In my last installment, you saw the first completed mitt looking all happy and pretty and waiting for its mate. I started the second mitt and came across Dilemma #1:

1. They Lied!

The pattern called for one skein of Tahki Jolie. So, I bought one. I guess I could have bought two, and if I only needed one, I could have made a dainty scarf to match the mitts. But, I blindly believed. (It is Christmas, afterall)



Not even remotely enough. *sigh*

So, last Saturday, I frantically called around to local yarn stores to find another. I finally found one at a store called Bonnie Knits. It was a different dye lot, but as I bought the yarn some six months ago, I didn't think there was much hope. They're local, but not local enough (especially in all the holiday traffic) to drive to, I asked them to mail it to me. They said it would go out Monday, and don't you know, it was on my doorstep Monday night!

(Bonnie - a million thanks! You must really have some clout with the US postal service :o)


I was (kind of) prepared for Dilemma #2:

2. Those who created the notion of dye lots have a cruel sense of humor!



I have two skeins of entirely different pinks (You know, Blush and Bashful, DSis's signature cahlahs). The new skein is bigger than the first skein. So, after careful thought, I decided to start a new pair of mitts from the second skein.

I'll keep you posted.


DH and I don't exchange gifts. He's so hard to buy for and I just want everything. We don't exchange for birthdays or our anniversary either. It's so much less stressful, and besides, we have each other - awwwww. (Thankfully, we decided this a couple years after he got me the kitties :o)

But, our Niecelets and their Grammy (DH's Mom) do and so we received a whole boxful of lovely wrapped Christmas presents for me, DH and even the kitties to put under our carefully decorated, non-artificial ceramic tree (that incidentally, has been out since last Christmas).

As you can see, Grammy loves to spoil us at the holidays, and on Christmas Morn, gleeful shouts of 'Hey, I didn't know they sold that at the Dollar Store!' can be heard from here to Maryland :o)



Obviously, Itchey knows which gift is hers theirs and so after taking this photo, we thought it best to put it on the top shelf in the pantry. :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazel said...

Grrrr don't you just hate it when that happens. Then they always go and tell you its your tension or something! I had it happen to me once. xx

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a bummer! I hope that you get enough out of the second ball that you bought, enough to knit two. :) Merry Christmas!

Friday, December 21, 2007 12:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...The Dollar Store comment?? Too Too funny! I almost spit out my coffee when I read that...thanks for the laugh.
Have a peaceful Christmas too.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home