Singular Stitches: I think they're soaring

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I think they're soaring

I made the switch from DPNs to two circular needles on Dad's socks. At first, this method was a little cumbersome, and uncomfortable to hold. At one point, I managed to pull a bunch of stitches off one of the needles. So I spent Friday lunch fixing them. No progress there.

But, I stuck with it, and it's gotten easier, and actually to the point where I've noticed some real progress:




From about the end of October through some time in March, we put up heavy drapes in the entry to the doorways of the family room and kitchen. This really keeps out the cold from the chilly entry way. (and hides any dirty dishes that might be on the kitchen counters from anyone at my front door :o) We use spring rods to keep them up. While not my first choice in design, I was impressed that I was able to find something that somewhat coordinates (and isn't totally hideous) in the clearance section of Bed Bath & Beyond. They're great because they're a little too long and wide, so it makes a good seal around the doorway.



And, every year, when the kitties see us getting out the drapes and rods, they get all excited. I'm not exactly sure why this is such a treat for them, but they love walking through the doorways where we've hung the drapes. They take extra laps around the downstairs just so they can walk through them. Being the picture adjuster I am, I am forever straightening them because once the cats walk through, it leaves a little opening, which kind of defeats the purpose of closing off the doorway. Maybe once each year, they'll accidentally pull one down, while in hot pursuit of one another.

I caught one of the culprits this morning staring out at me (and looking oh so innocent) from the familyroom doorway:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the sock; it definitely looks like it is coming along nicely. Your kitties crack me up. :)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

LOL I LOVE the half look from the cat and the curtain!! LOL They really are entertaining!

And I'm impressed with the circ needles and sock knitting.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Your cat is so funny! Love the drape it looks nice. Great sock! xx

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home