Singular Stitches: Dusting the cobwebs off the needles

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Dusting the cobwebs off the needles

I decided to start a new project, one I've been coveting for ages: The Village of Hawk Run Hollow, from Carriage House Samplings. I'm not particularly enamored by silk floss (nothing against it, but it doesn't excite me), so I'm doing this with DMC floss, which really reduces the cost of this project.

I also know I'd go blind stitching it on 40ct fabric (maybe 10 years ago!), so I chickened out and am using 28ct lunana in a cream color. For something this small, I'll do better with an evenweave over linen, and because it's so small, lugana is a more substantial fabric.



Will it be 'ezee'? I doubt it!


Egads, the last time I posted was March!

I really can't blame it on anything, except that I haven't been particularly crafty. In April, I finished up yet another class in my quest for my masters. I can't even say it kept me away from my crafty pursuits, because it wasn't a terribly time consuming class. It was TQM (Total Quality Management), and was quite interesting because it was taught by a VP at a local manufacturing company, who actually uses the tools he teaches, so it was a very practical class.

Here and there I did a little knitting (My Jaywalkers and Popcorn Kernel socks), worked a little on Fairy Flora, but otherwise, I've been reading, and discovered Peggle (which is even more addicting than Bejeweled).


And, I worked a little more on Hawk Run during lunch today:



Will it be a 'breeze'? Ummm, probably not, but it will be fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

What a BAP! You are a brave gal. :)

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home