Singular Stitches: Memorial Day

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

For those living in the US, today is Memorial Day, the day we honor those in the military who have died dedending our freedom.

DH and I took Friday off to give us a really long weekend (we're also off today). Yesterday, DH, me, DSis and her boyfriend went to my parents' home to cookout and spend some time together. Unfortunately, we didn't get around to playing Jarts.




I want to thank Erin, at Fairytales and French Knots. She completed this project a while ago, and I loved it! She kindly asked if I would like the chart, and it recently found itself delivered to my doorstep.

Thank you, Erin!! I love this chart and can't wait to get it started! :o)


I've been knitting a good bit, and was able to finish two pairs of socks recently, my Jaywalkers and my Popcorn socks.





These are the first socks I've made using a short row heel, which resembles the heels of purchased socks. The silver stuff by my toes is a ribbon from a Christmas present that the kitties decided makes a wonderful toy.




While watching American Beauty (an odd, but interesting film) today, I cast on for a new pair, though there's not enough to photograph yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

I love the colors in the popcorn socks! so pretty!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I just bought Wine a Bit a little while ago. We should SAL on it sometime or something. I love both of your pairs of socks and can't wait to see your start on the new ones!

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home