Singular Stitches: Summer corn!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer corn!

Another hot and humid weekend, so I stayed inside and knitted.

I finished my first Nibblet sock! I'm not really enjoying this pattern, or yarn. There's a lot of switching between purl and knit stitches, so it's hard to get a good rhythm, and the yarn doesn't move easily on the bamboo needles, so that slows me down, too. I'm looking forward to finishing these socks (to get them OFF the needles)!

Here's the first sock:




I also picked up Hecate a little this weekend. I just started the second section, which are the Crossroads. It's a nice, easy to follow 27-row repeat. Which is good, because I'll be in this section for the majority of this project!

Here's the start of the Crossroads:




And, I also worked on Mr. Greenjeans. I'm to just below the arms. I have the arm stitches resting nicely on ribbon, so I can finish the body, then go back and knit them.



Not sure what happened with the color, but this is nowhere near what the actual color is!


I did have some movie action to go with my knitting. We watched Notes on a Scandal. Judi Dench shows again how she can play any role! (Though it's a rather creepy character!) It was a really odd movie, but I recommend it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

I love the stole, it is looking fantastic.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home