Singular Stitches: Hecate

Friday, July 04, 2008

Hecate

...Goddess of the crossroads.

I'm finally at a point where I can post some pictures of (one of) my latest knitting pursuits. I've been craving lace knitting, and so I cast of for the Hecate Stole, which I'm making for DSis.

The pattern:



I've just completed the first section, called the Moonrise panel, which is the small edge on the bottom, just below the 'crossroads' (the criss-crossy section). It's the part circled in yellow:



Here's my progress so far, helplessly pinned down on my dining room floor:



That ugly seafoam green yarn at the bottom is a crochet chain I used for a provisional cast on, so I can pick up those stitches later to complete the knitted edge.

A closeup, where you can see the pink beads:



The vital statistics:
Pattern: Hecate Stole (from Bad Cat Designs)
Yarn: Lane Borgosesia Cashwool in black
Beads: Smoky gray lined with pink (because pink is DSis' signature color)
Needles: US#3 circular needles.

This is my first time using Knitpick's Harmony wood needles. Besides being absolutely gorgeous to look at, they're very decadent feeling and the tip of the needles have nice sharp points, which work well with lace knitting. And the joins are far better than the Addi Naturas!


Abner, as always, supervised.






And a Happy Birthday to the U.S.A.!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! Wow, those pink beads... Exquisite.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That is absolutely exquisite. Can I be jealous?

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lacework is beautiful and your sister is very lucky!

Monday, July 07, 2008 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous, you are very talented and skilful.

Monday, January 31, 2011 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home