Singular Stitches: This is the way we wash our hands

Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is the way we wash our hands

I have no idea if that's really lyrics to that nursery rhyme, but it sounds good and it's appropriate.

I've taken a little holiday from my regularly scheduled knitting to make my Mum a little something. On Ravelry, I came across the cutest dishtowel pattern that has a little tab on top with a button that can be hung on a kitchen drawer handle. It was a freebie from Kraemer Yarns, featuring their Tatamy Tweed cotton yarn. With a name like Tatamy, I just had to use that yarn for the towel. I bought two skeins in a really pretty oatmeal color, which I think they call Birch, and another in the color of coffee with cream (or coffee flavored cream, as I tend to have my coffee). I plan to make one for Mum, one for DSis and one for me. Each towel takes one skein.

The Tatamy Tweed is so soft and has been fabulous to work with. I've never heard of Kraemer Yarns before, but they're located somewhere in Eastern Pennsylvania. I might have to try some of their other yarns.

Here's my progress so far:



I have about two more inches before I start the decreases for the tab on top.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

Ooooh, it looks yummy! It looks really soft and inviting. BTW, I like the picture with your new haircut. :) Or maybe it's not new, but it's new to me!

Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home