Singular Stitches: A Chevron Scarf of My Very Own!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Chevron Scarf of My Very Own!

Well, it's not quite a fully grown scarf...yet.

I've been coveting all the gorgeous Chevron scarves I've seen on Ravelry. I finally decided to start my very own. I've had two skeins of Koigu KPPPM for ages. They're two different colors. I have no idea why I bought two single skeins of two different colors. Maybe I was clairvoyant and just knew, that some time in the future, a pattern like The Chevron Scarf would come along and I could use up those two single skeins of Koigu. Yeah, right.

When I finally pulled out those two skeins out to start my scarf, I didn't think they'd make a good Chevron scarf. The colorways were too similar. So, last night, at Knit One North's first Ladies' Knit Night Out (which was very fun!), with the kind help of Dawn, I was able to find another colorway to go with one of the skeins I already had. It's a beautiful pumpkin, gold, and coral mix (it's the skein on the right, below). The result is a really pretty Autumn colorway.

Thanks, Dawn!!




I also completed another pair of socks. They're just plain socks, using some skeins of Regia I had in my stash. Itchey approves.




And here's Itchey, enjoying the breeze coming in the front door. August, which is usually 3H weather here (hazy, hot and humid), has been absolutely gorgeous, and very much like September weather.

I can just imagine what the neighbors think we do to the cats. Just before I snapped this picture, she was on her back with her paws up in the air. She looked like rigor mortis had set in!




Today, DH and I got together with my parents, DSis and her DBF to celebrate my Mum, DSis, and my August birthdays. We all met for lunch and exchanged gifts. DSis and I both pulled out Sephora bags for each other, because we both got each other Sephora gift cards! (great minds think alike!) It was really funny, because the GCs come in a little black mirrored compact, and we both thought how cool they were as we were wrapping our gifts for the other. Now we each have one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I've been thinking of casting on for a chevron for a while now...maybe I will tonight. Thanks to your lovely inspiration! :)

Sunday, August 24, 2008 5:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home