Singular Stitches: Knit One North

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Knit One North

Fellow knitters, we finally have a knitting store up in the northern far reaches of Pittsburgh. Woo hoo! Knit One (North) has finally opened!

I managed to trick DH into making a pilgrimage trip on the way back from picking up kitty food at the vet. The store is just as happily painted as the one in Squirrel Hill. There's lots of great nooks and crannies for yarn to be stashed, and plenty of room, so you're not climbing over other people to see the yarn. I got to meet Stacey (proprietress), and Caroline (manager) and two other ladies who will be working there (unfortunately, I didn't catch their names). They were so nice!

Of course, I couldn't leave empty-handed, so I picked up the cutest pattern for an enclosed kitty bed, called (aptly!) Cat Cuddler by Gooseberry Designs. For this project, I selected Cascase 220 (Color #9539), which is a brand-spanking new tweed colorway with dark brown, tan, light gray and dark gray (all colors that coordinate nicely with both of my kitties).






I've also almost finished Mum's Kitchen Hand Towel. This has been such a fun knit!




And finally, after knitting about 5" of the bottom ribbing, I realized I was doing it wrong. I made all the ribs cables, so, after about 5" I ripped them out and started again. I took a look at some of the other finished Mr. Greenjeans, and saw one where the knitter made the bottom with just plain 4X2 ribbing, without any cables, which I really liked, so that's what I'm doing:




And, here is Abner, on the arm of my cushy chair, feverishly helping me blog this afternoon...

3 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

I'm glad you went to Knit One North. Isn't well worth the wait? Hope to see you there on the 2nd and 4th Sundays :)!!

Monday, August 04, 2008 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

love the kitty cuddler! and abner is so cute! also the towel and sweater look really nice. glad to hear you have a shop close by now!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Congrats on the new LYS. It's always good to hear of new stores opening up, regardless of what type of needlework the specialize in. And I really like that kitty cuddler design. I think your kiddos will enjoy those.

Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home